my emotion wrote this

January 17, 2013

in one fine night, once upon a time, I was reading tweets in my TL. Then suddenly I saw one oppar tweeted this, oh let me paraphrase it. Something like, my course-mates are head over heels to get married and we are like so perasan. 
Ouch!
That was so offensive.
okay, firstly, yes. My course-mates have been talking about marriage since yeah Dena Bahrin's proposal event and she got married, and other young girls at our age, got married and we are like.." I WANT TO GET MARRIED!!! "
and everyday, there will be one or two persons usrah-ing about marriage. yeah whatever. but that's how I live.

However, I feel offended with this oppar's tweet because, ppl who read that will labeled me same as my other course-mate. I'm not saying, I dont want to get married, I dont want to settle down, or I've never talked about marriage. I DO. But, in this context somehow, this oppar was 'judging' us. 

And to my fellow friends too. I think we should limit how we felt about young marriage. It is not wrong to talk about it, but somehow when you're reaching at one level, me or other girls will 'get bored' or 'annoyed' with those tweets or status or statements or comments. I mean, we live not only for marriage. Let us think about how we should repay our parents, or repair our society, or upgrade ourselves. There are LOADS of thing that we could think of other than marriage. Dont make any changes in your life or the reason why you're doing something because of you want to get married. Let us repair our niat. You cannot be like Dena Bahrin or Fara Lee or anyone else who got married in young age. That are their lives, their parts. We will get ours when the time is right and maybe after we have done what we should. 

To be honest, I feel ashamed with this oppar's tweet because he seemed taking us lightly and make us look cheap. And to this oppar, I think if you want to make jokes, you should think twice. 

I'm sorry to those who felt angry after you read this post, but I just cant take it no more. I dont think double-meaning post will be effective anymore. Please dont hate me T_T

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images